Friday, June 26, 2009

My first outing

All right, here it is. Never thought I'd "blog" (hate that word), but in my literary world there do seem to be some advantages. So here's Jamie Jonas at 45 (almost 46), having just been instructed by his sister Marqueta in The Setting Up of the Blog, sticking his cyber-neck out of his cybershell and looking around.

Well, it's been a busy spring/summer so far, in some ways. My wife Susana and I are finally finishing our basement, and the lower part of the house is in chaos. My daughter Andrea just took her first karate class last night and seemed to take to it like a grass stain to a gi (they were practicing outdoors). I opted to watch, though invited to join. Told them I'd never been a "martial arts kind of guy."

Life is good, I think. I've been married for five years now, as of this Sunday, and the picture is infinitely brighter than it was at, say, age 40.

And that, I guess, is enough for a first post. Back later.

No comments:

Post a Comment